Understanding performance management is a practical continuing professional development.
This CPD module is aimed at Registered Managers and other managers currently working in adult social care.
Duration: One day course
Programme: Fully funded by Workforce Development Fund
The programme is delivered through one interactive module covering the objectives below:
- understanding the performance management cycle including processes for managing different types of performance
- understanding of disciplinary and grievance, causes of poor performance and how to minimise them
- awareness of strategies to improve performance
- awareness of managing and retaining high performing staff
- understand how to give feedback and manage difficult conversations
- awareness of cultures that encourage confidence, responsibility and accountability
- understanding effective role modelling, coaching and mentoring
How it helps managers?
This CPD module will help managers to explore the performance management cycle, recognise that people perform differently and utilise tools and techniques available. Unlike undertaking formal qualifications, which can often feel like a solitary process, this CPD module connects managers with their peers.
Managers will understand how successful behaviours and practical strategies can support them in their day-to-day work. They’ll be challenged to put these into practice, boosting their capacity to lead and manage effectively.
The module includes an emphasis on reflection, helping managers to learn from their day-today experiences and think about how they can do things differently or get better at recognising what they do well.
To sign up for this qualification, please call 01275 627 655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an endorsed Skills for Care provider and been given a mark of quality for our commitment to providing high quality learning and development for the adult social care sector.