Prepare yourself for the challenges that you may face when working with children.
Duration: Typically over two days
Qualification: Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Who is this for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. This qualification is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in the industry and it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- The roles and responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider
- Assessment of emergency situations
- Recovery position and dealing with an unresponsive child or infant
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Dislocations, sprains, and fractures
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions
- Asthma, seizures, and diabetic emergencies
- Burns, scalds, poisoning, wounds, and bleeding
- Electric shocks
- Sickle cell crisis
- Eye, ear, and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Treatment for minor injuries, hot, and cold temperatures
- Accident recording
This qualification is assessed by a practical demonstration and a multiple-choice theory test.