Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe, or even fatal, consequences.
Up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication. This course is a great introduction to the different types of medicines and how to record, store and handle them appropriately
- Gain good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines
- Learn how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication
- Understand the different types of medication and how they are classified
- Learn the correct procedure for record-keeping and the audit process
- Gain relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to improve service user experience
Funding: Fully Funded
Course Delivery: Online
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Applicants must be 19 years old on or before 01.08.2020
- Full or part time employed (payslips may be requested as evidence for funding options only)
- Employment in relevant sector not essential
- Applicants must be EU citizens
- Applicants may not be using other funding streams for another qualification at sign up or during completion
Sector: Health and Social Care
All coursework to be completed using online portal. Remote support provided by assessor via phone and email. Course schedule 16 weeks, start and complete at anytime. NCFE certificate generated on completion.
This course will be delivered via our sister company at Acacia Training & Development Ltd.