Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Around 1 in 10 children and young people are affected by mental health problems, so it’s important that people working with them have a good understanding of mental health.
If you want to learn about mental health issues to support children and young people that you work with, or those you care for in your own life, this level 2 course is perfect for you.
Our fully online course will teach you about supporting children and young people’s mental health and emotional well-being. You will learn about issues facing children and young people like depression, anxiety and conduct disorder, as well as factors that affect their mental health and the impact mental health problems can have on them and their lives.
- Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
- Understand Factors Which May Affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Understand the Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns
Funding: Fully Funded
Course Delivery: Online and Paper-based
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Applicants must be 19 years old on or before 01.08.2020
- Full or part time employed (payslips may be requested as evidence for funding options only)
- Employment in relevant sector not essential
- Applicants must be EU citizens
- Applicants may not be using other funding streams for another qualification at sign up or during completion
Sector: Health and Social Care
All coursework to be completed using online portal. Remote support provided by assessor via phone and email. Course schedule 16 weeks, start and complete at anytime. NCFE certificate generated on completion.