Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
There are lots of reasons why someone’s behaviour might be challenging – anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities, dementia, to mention just a few. If you want to gain a better understanding of challenging behaviour and how to support individuals who display it, this online qualification is a great way to build your knowledge.
You will learn about what ‘behaviour that challenges’ means, why some people display this behaviour and the impact it can have. You’ll also gain insight into how to support positive behaviour, the importance of communication and how to manage challenging behaviour.
- What is meant by the term ‘behaviour that challenges’?
- How to recognise changes in individuals that may indicate an episode of challenging behaviour
- The importance of non-verbal communication
- How reflection on an incident can assist in managing future behaviour
Funding: Fully Funded
Course Delivery: Online and Paper-based
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Applicants must be 19 years old on or before 01.08.2020
- Full or part time employed (payslips may be requested as evidence for funding options only)
- Employment in relevant sector not essential
- Applicants must be EU citizens
- Applicants may not be using other funding streams for another qualification at sign up or during completion
Sector: Health and Social Care
All coursework to be completed using online portal. Remote support provided by assessor via phone and email. Course schedule 16 weeks, start and complete at anytime. NCFE certificate generated on completion.
This course will be delivered via our sister company at Acacia Training & Development Ltd.