Certificate in The Principles of The Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is a really important part of providing high-quality care, especially as some life-threatening infections can spread easily within care environments.
In this course, you will gain the skills you need to tackle the risk of infection in your workplace. The course covers procedures and regulations surrounding infection control, as well as the importance of maintaining a clean environment.
- Understand the purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- Understand how regulations inform policy and practice
- Understand roles, responsibilities, principles and processes in relation to cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand the role of risk assessments
- Learn the importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Learn the sterilisation process
- Learn how to safely handle laundry
- Learn how to safely handle sharps
Funding: Fully Funded
Course Delivery: Online
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Applicants must be 19 years old on or before 01.08.2020
- Full or part time employed (payslips may be requested as evidence for funding options only)
- Employment in relevant sector not essential
- Applicants must be EU citizens
- Applicants may not be using other funding streams for another qualification at sign up or during completion
Sector: Health and Social Care
All coursework to be completed using online portal. Remote support provided by assessor via phone and email. Course schedule 16 weeks, start and complete at anytime. NCFE certificate generated on completion.
This course will be delivered via our sister company at Acacia Training & Development Ltd.