Certificate in The Principles of The End of Life Care
Britain has an ageing population – the number of people aged over 64 is expected to grow to 15 million by 2040. This means more people will live with serious chronic illnesses and need end of life care.
Our level 2 Certificate in Principles of End of Life Care will give you the knowledge you need to perform your role as a care worker for people approaching the end of their lives.
You will learn how to support and manage pain and discomfort, as well as gaining insight into the impact of dementia on end of life care. You’ll also develop the compassionate skills needed for supporting family and friends with the loss and grief process.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of end of life care
- Covers topics including the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- Understand how dementia impacts on end of life care
- Learn the role of the care worker at time of death
- Learn the loss and grief process
Funding: Fully Funded
Course Delivery: Online and Paper-based
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Applicants must be 19 years old on or before 01.08.2020
- Full or part time employed (payslips may be requested as evidence for funding options only)
- Employment in relevant sector not essential
- Applicants must be EU citizens
- Applicants may not be using other funding streams for another qualification at sign up or during completion
Sector: Health and Social Care
All coursework to be completed using online portal. Remote support provided by assessor via phone and email. Course schedule 16 weeks, start and complete at anytime. NCFE certificate generated on completion.
This course will be delivered via our sister company at Acacia Training & Development Ltd.