Certificate in The Principles of Dementia Care
Dementia is one of the main causes of disability in later life, and cases are rising – by 2051, it’s expected that two million people in the UK will have dementia.
If you work with people with dementia, it’s important that you understand the condition and know how to provide the best possible care for each individual.
In our level 2 Principles of Dementia Care course, you will learn all about approaches to dementia care. You’ll gain insight into how dementia affects the way people behave and interact, as well as how best to communicate with people who have dementia.
- Understand the different forms of dementia
- Learn how to support individuals through person-centred care
- Develop knowledge and understanding of care
- Learn positive communication methods
- Learn issues around the use of medication
Funding: Fully Funded
Course Delivery: Online and Paper-based
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Applicants must be 19 years old on or before 01.08.2020
- Full or part time employed (payslips may be requested as evidence for funding options only)
- Employment in relevant sector not essential
- Applicants must be EU citizens
- Applicants may not be using other funding streams for another qualification at sign up or during completion
Sector: Health and Social Care
All coursework to be completed using online portal. Remote support provided by assessor via phone and email. Course schedule 16 weeks, start and complete at anytime. NCFE certificate generated on completion.
This course will be delivered via our sister company at Acacia Training & Development Ltd.