Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
Falls are the most frequent and serious type of accident in people aged 65 and over, with 10,000 falls happening each day. Falls often affect a person physically and mentally – they can result in fractures and broken bones, but also in a lack of confidence and isolation.
If you work in health and social care or have contact with older people who are more at risk of falls, this course is ideal for you. You will learn about the risk factors and causes of falls, as well as how to prevent falls and how to manage them when they happen.
- Falls in Context
- The Risk Factors and Causes of Falls
- Falls Assessment and Prevention
- Managing Falls
Funding: Fully Funded
Course Delivery: Online
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Applicants must be 19 years old on or before 01.08.2020
- Full or part time employed (payslips may be requested as evidence for funding options only)
- Employment in relevant sector not essential
- Applicants must be EU citizens
- Applicants may not be using other funding streams for another qualification at sign up or during completion
Sector: Health and Social Care
All coursework to be completed using online portal. Remote support provided by assessor via phone and email. Course schedule 16 weeks, start and complete at anytime. NCFE certificate generated on completion.
This course will be delivered via our sister company at Acacia Training & Development Ltd.