Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
First aid training helps employees learn to be more conscious of safety in the workplace.
Duration: Typically over three days, with a minimum contact time of 18 hours.
Qualification: Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
Who is this for?
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Incident assessment
- CPR and the management of unresponsive casualties
- Recovery Position
- Heart attacks, strokes, choking, epilepsy, diabetes and asthma
- Anaphylaxis, shock, injuries the spine, head, and chest
- Fractures, strains, and dislocations
- Minor injuries
- Burns, scalds, poisoning, and eye injuries
Assessed by a practical demonstration and a multiple-choice theory test.